Thursday, April 16, 2009

Electric Picnic


Electric Picnic is the best way to end the summer! ive been going the last three years in a row, still have my wristbands on, and its gettin better and better! I got to see some of my favorite acts too, M.I.A (she touched my hand) Santogold, Grace Jones, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, PJ Harvey, The Gossip, LCD Soundsystem, Bjork, Basement Jaxx, Hot Chip, 2 Many DJs, Primal Scream, Tiga, Digitalism, Goldfrapp & The Kills. God it was fun!

This years line up is good, not great, but its a good mix. Personally Id love to see Basement Jaxx again, i saw them at Picnic 06 when i was high on life(and speed and whiskey) and it was just an amazing way to end the weekend.

Lykke Li, MGMT, Fleet Foxes, The Flaming Lips, Bat for Lashes, Simian Mobile Disco and Imelda May are also on the Line-up and think they would all be great live.

Another act that would be amazing to see is Chris Cunningham, I love all of his work so to see a live show at Picnic would be a great show to see...

Last year the "gaybar" THISISPOPBABY was fun, but not great, the arty gays dont really know how to get Crunk'd! but they did have a giant inflatable baby in the tent that was cool, so hopefully it'll be better this year.

One thing that makes no sense to me is Ryan Tubridy, yes Tubridy, is going to be there, hes so annoyingly D4 and smug and condescending all the time, he gets on my tits! I dont see any point of him having anything to do with the festival! hes so not Picnic!

Tickets are on sale Friday at 9am!

epic

No comments: