Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where'd ya get your Inspiration?




So for my portfolio I had to design a cover page. I wanted to colour coordinate it, so that got me thinking of 2 things, last years Electric Picnic logo, and the new Pet Shop Boys' album. I was looking up who designed the Pet Shop Boys' cover (Farrow Design) and came across Sleevage, its a blog all about album artwork and the thought process behind each cover, its a really interesting site...

“When we had our first meeting about this album, Neil and Chris said that this was their most ‘pop’ album in a long time and the idea of creating something very bright and colourful – as we had for their ‘Introspective’ album – really appealed to them,” says Mark Farrow. “They had also been inspired by the Gerhard Richter 4900 exhibition at the Serpentine gallery which featured panels of brightly coloured squares.”

That quote pretty much sums up where they got their inspiration from for the album art work, which in turn inspired me, which is pretty damn cool...


Gerhard Richter's 4900 Colours Series

Gerhard Richter's Stained Glass at the Cologne Cathedral. I love the Juxtaposition of the Old church windows with the modern square stained glass.

Photobucket
My cover page

S-T-A-U-N-C-H

No comments: