Saturday, May 14, 2011

I said EdinBURGH, its cold in here, there must be some Torres in the Atmosphere!



Edinburgh! Have you been? Its such a gorgeous city but holy fuck is there a lot of walking. Its ALL uphill! Like seriously everyday felt like a workout...

But apart from all the unexpected exercise I really did have a great time... We also got to go to Glasgow for a day, which I expected to be a total shithole, and I was right. Nothing of interest there except the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art, which had a few fun pieces in it.

Edinburgh is a total tourist city, so seeing as we were tourist we decided to take full advantage of our new found touristness! I rocked my Nikon around my neck the entire trip...

We started off with a trip to the Edinburgh Dungeons, the highlight of which was a little boy puking up all over his poor mother during a fake autopsy, something which I thought an 7 year boy would love. I have a feeling I may see that little boy in a West End chorus line in ten years, just saying.

We also went to the Edinburgh Zoo, which was again amazing, but pratically vertical. Its all uphill, and so exhausting that me and my mates decided not to even see the zebras, as they were basically glorified horses with stripes and wasnt worth the 1 mile trek! It did have penguins though, lots and lots of penguins, some one which were nesting, so that was cool to see...

Finally we checked out the Camera Obscura and Optical Illusion Museum, which was also great craic, especially the spinning vortex tunnel...

I also got to meet my fabulous mate Niamh who recently relocated to Edinburgh, and she is loving it over there, so I was happy to see her... After being told it would be an hour wait for a table at the Hard Rock Cafe, we bailed and ended up in TGI Fridays, which was delicious, we had too many cocktails, and the barman asked if I was Freddie Flintoff. Naturally I said I was and made his night...

So If you have not been to Edinburgh I can not recommend it enough...

DRN



















No comments: