Sunday, September 25, 2011

For The Record!

So I brought this is some second hand shop years ago for my Mam, only to find out that the record player I thought we had actually didn't exist. So it sat in the cupboard for years, until I stumbled across it, and thought it would make a cool wall hanging. Which it did, but you know me and my notions. I figured I could find a better use for it...


and since making my new chair in an effort to keep my room clean, I figured Id continue on with my new easy breezy beautiful lifestyle. Clear space, clear space and all that jazz. Mostly my work desk needed to be sorted out. Like most,(I hope) I do very little work on my work desk. Its more of a storage/junk space. Where I can empty my pockets, and keep the stuff that I have no use for as of yet, but always have that feeling, that maybe I might need it some day..


So I decided that all it would take to sort of my desk/life, was a bowl. I could have used one of the cereal bowls from the kitchen, but you know, why have a plain white bowl, when you can do something a little different?


So if you would like your very own Vinyl Bowl, all you need is an old record, doesn't have to be ABBA, and large oven safe bowl. Place the record above the bowl like so...


place a tinned can on top of the record. Like so...


put the bowl, the record and the can in the oven. Like so...


leave for about 5 minutes, then take it out and finish shaping, whilst still hot, and bendy. Like so...


Let it cool and harder for then minutes. Like so...


And finally, sort you work space out, and get you life in order! Like so... (this last part is easier said than done, but hey, its a start)


DRN

No comments: